by jilly55
Mail Art Postcard Swap Pics
by Samantha Read
by Rukhshana

Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Stitcharama-girl

Default Surface Treatment Workshop - Darlene Olivia McElroy & Sandra Duran Wilson

The blurb: "Pondering how to begin a new piece of art? Surface Treatment Workshop has the answer! The authors of Image Transfer Workshop are back to show you 45 stepped-out mixed-media techniques that will add depth and texture to your artwork. These techniques are the perfect jump-off point for creating art you will love to look at, and, in some cases, touch!"

ISBN-13: 978-1-4403-0824-6
ISBN-10: 1-4403-0824-1
Published by North Light Books

What can I say apart from the fact that I was a very good girl in 2011 and SANTA brought me this book....it's fab and there are LOADS of techniques to try out. I can see my workspace becoming very messy indeed !!

(formerly of itsastitcharama blog) BUT...you can catch up with my latest makes on...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stitcharama-girl/
Stitcharama-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
rusticus

We look forward to seeing what you create after being so inspired by this book Catherine! So glad to hear that you had behaved yourself last year
Old 17-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
RockMum

Catherine - just wondered if you've tried any of the techniques yet? I've just bought this book (well I say just, it's been sat waiting for me to have the time to play for a few weeks now...) and it's one of the most unusual craft books I've seen - some really different stuff and like you say, it could get very messy!!!

CLICK HERE to visit Julie's Blog
RockMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
harpie38
Administrator

Smile

Just ordered a copy of this, looks interesting !! Will report back when I receive it

Regards

Sid xx

CLICK HERE to see my gallery

Must tidy up my craftroom.......sometime !
harpie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Stitcharama-girl

I've tried the vaseline resist from p90 which gives great effects. Salt resist on p100. I like the idea of a bleach pen on p88 - wonder if I can buy such a thing in the UK?

As an side though in Somerset Studio's Mar/Apr '12 magazine there is an interesting article of stamping onto masking tape (or artists tape as they call it, though I doubt we have that). I could definitely give that a go as it is so cheap to buy.

(formerly of itsastitcharama blog) BUT...you can catch up with my latest makes on...
Old 21-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
rusticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcharama-girl View Post
I've tried the vaseline resist from p90 which gives great effects. Salt resist on p100. I like the idea of a bleach pen on p88 - wonder if I can buy such a thing in the UK?

As an side though in Somerset Studio's Mar/Apr '12 magazine there is an interesting article of stamping onto masking tape (or artists tape as they call it, though I doubt we have that). I could definitely give that a go as it is so cheap to buy.
Catherine for the bleach pen I use a waterbrush (aqua brush...one of those brushes with a barrel that you fill with fluid!!) and keep it just for bleach, it even has a red cap to remind me I use the cheapest bleach available as it is also 'thin'.
Old 21-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
RockMum

I had another good look through this book last night and thought I'd pass a dim moment on ... When I first agreed to do samples for IndigoBlu just as they were starting off last year, Kay came up and passed on a huge bagful of alterables and bits and bobs to use on my samples. When I got home, I got all the goodies out and amongst the caskets, wire, charms, wooden houses etc there was a packet with two rolls of medical plaster bandage - as I knew Kay had been for a doctor's appointment on the way, I assumed it had just fallen in the bag by accident - I hadn't heard of using it for craft purposes at the time - doh!! I had to chuckle last night when I turned to page 56 of this book as it explains techniques for using it!! Julie

CLICK HERE to visit Julie's Blog
RockMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
harpie38
Administrator

Smile

The book arrived today, had a quick flick through and it looks great ........ and Julie, even noticed the plaster bandage bit too as it happens !!

Will be delving in a bit more this evening !

Regards

Sid xx

CLICK HERE to see my gallery

Must tidy up my craftroom.......sometime !
harpie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Stitcharama-girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticus View Post
Catherine for the bleach pen I use a waterbrush (aqua brush...one of those brushes with a barrel that you fill with fluid!!) and keep it just for bleach, it even has a red cap to remind me I use the cheapest bleach available as it is also 'thin'.
Ah thanks for that, sounds like a plan

Old 22-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Billie

Look forward to seeing what you creat with this book, its on my wish list at Amazon. Have ordered it from the Library to 'test the water' first. but it sure looks interesting.

Billie :O

Billie is offline   Reply With Quote