by NuttyRachy
Mail Art Postcard Swap Pics
by harpie38
by Angelnorth

Old 22-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
lottie

I bought an 18ct gold pen last week to use on a polymer clay project. I shook it, and shook it, and shook it, and the pushing down the nib bit and no matter how many times I have tried it comes out watery wishy washy gold.

I think I am going to phone the supplier to send it back - what with the increased cost and postage charges - and messing up a project that has taken me hours and hours and hours to do - you can imagine that I am not a happy bunny! Hey Ho - life goes on! But I can't feeling let down by it.

http://atcsbylottie.blogspot.com/
lottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
Rubberaddict

Such a shame to hear that they aren't as good as they were.
My 18ct Gold one ran out before Christmas and keep meaning to buy a replacement as I used it a hell of a lot but now am somewhat put off.
The others I have - copper and silver are still the old ones and are fine.

How disappointing of the company to send a patronising reply too - I had a similar problem with Go Kreate when I had trouble with an alfa die set. Still haven't sorted it so can't use it and they were really rude, I felt.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
craftygal

Thought I would attempt to pursue this again as I still have not found a suitable alternative that comes anywhere near the original Krylon Gold, so I sent them another email. This time I got a more interested response, giving some technical suggestion that maybe the pigment had become separated (made no sense to me lol) and asking me for the batch number "from the bottom of the pen" None of my pens had any numbers on at all, so I told them this and offered to post the pen to them for further investigation (to the States). They declined this offer and asked me for my address so they could send me a replacement - they then came back and said they were very sorry but they could not send a replacement to the UK!!!!! I felt like offereing to send them the postage!!!! They did say I should take it back to my retailer for a replacement, so I am going to try that now, but I certainly do not rate their customer service. Watch this space
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
craftygal

I emailed Sandy at the Craft Barn, which is where I bought my Krylon, and she immediately responded, stating she will put a replacement in the post - Krylon could learn a lot about customer services from people like Sandy!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
Glitter Monkey

I will be very interested to hear how the new pen performs as I think mine is getting low........

My Blog
Glitter Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
harpie38
Administrator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftygal View Post
I emailed Sandy at the Craft Barn, which is where I bought my Krylon, and she immediately responded, stating she will put a replacement in the post - Krylon could learn a lot about customer services from people like Sandy!!!!
Great stuff Sandy ...... our Sponsors know the business of customer service !!

Regards

Sid xx

CLICK HERE to see my gallery

Must tidy up my craftroom.......sometime !
harpie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
craftygal

Hooray!!!! I am a very happy bunny today - my Krylon pen came from Sandy yesterday and I edged some card with it last night - it flowed smoothly and dried quite quickly, with absolutely no smudging and no wiping off the lovely metallic sheen. I even gave it a good rub this morning and nothing moved, it is fabulous!! Obviously, my other pen was from a faulty batch, so if any of you have one of these, do return it to your retailer and get a replacement, so hopefully this fault will get back to the manufacturers and they can take action to prevent it happening again. I am so pleased to have such a successful outcome, thanks to the wonderful Sandy at the lovely Craft Barn xx
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
Angelnorth

Hooray! Good for Sandy and great to hear that it's not a universal problem with a new formulation in the pens or something!

Ambrosia & Iron - my corner of blogland
Angelnorth is offline   Reply With Quote