Mail Art Postcard Swap Pics
by harpie38
Mail Art Postcard Swap Pics

Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
Scrappy~Sarah

Ah that is what I said, and I then bought the BShot and nesties
Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
phiji59

I think the basic spellbinders circle & oval dies are the best to begin with. Also the scalloped matching dies. Labels are also very useful I have labels one and a recent purchase of labels 18 just waiting to be played with. I stay away from some of the more elaborate shapes as I think they just make your project look too shop bought and everyone is doing it, and that to me defeats the object of making an individual creation.
You can buy some smaller joy craft dies or marriane dies and I have a few of those but they are just a nightmare to prise out once they are cut. I tend to abondon them as too fiddley and stick to my punches for smaller cut outs - far easier and quicker.
phiji59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #23
Chicken Licken

I have circles, ovals and a brackety label shape but thats all and to be honest I don't use them that much. I would quite like the scallops to go with though....
Tasha
Chicken Licken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #24
Rukhshana

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiji59 View Post
I think the basic spellbinders circle & oval dies are the best to begin with. Also the scalloped matching dies. Labels are also very useful I have labels one and a recent purchase of labels 18 just waiting to be played with. I stay away from some of the more elaborate shapes as I think they just make your project look too shop bought and everyone is doing it, and that to me defeats the object of making an individual creation.
You can buy some smaller joy craft dies or marriane dies and I have a few of those but they are just a nightmare to prise out once they are cut. I tend to abondon them as too fiddley and stick to my punches for smaller cut outs - far easier and quicker.
I'm coming to the same conclusion myself that the basic shapes plus matching classic scallops are the way to go with maybe a label or 2.
If you have problems with the Marianne/Joy dies get some ejection foam (the Craft Barn do it) & stick it to the dies - I found it especially useful on the intricate Marianne butterfly die. However you can only do this on dies that you can't emboss.
Rukhshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #25
Angelnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiji59 View Post
I don't have any of these so I can't swear that this works but I read on SCS that a lint roller is useful for these - just roll it over the back to pull out all the little twiddly bits.

Ambrosia & Iron - my corner of blogland
Angelnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #26
DianeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy~Sarah View Post
Ah that is what I said, and I then bought the BShot and nesties

LOL

Don't get me wrong, I haven't ducked out entirely! I've got two of the labels sets, and I've jus treated myself to one of the fleur de lys sets, and I've had a Big Shot for ages (ever since I broke my Sizzix orignal a couple of years ago...) but we really need a craft robo and I can't justify buying all the nesties when the CR can do it. Doesn't stop me drooling over them though!

My Blog - Watch out, Spoilers about!
DianeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
Efemera

I like the edge you get when using dies.. the Cricut doesn't give you that nice domed finish to the edge...just a straight cut IFYKWIM
Efemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #28
jazzyleo

Nesties make life so much easier - I went to a class and we were asked to cut out a load of ovals - I could have done it so easily at home and made such a mess doing it by hand - I am still thrilled with my cuttlebug it does what I need and want to make cards hugs Leo
jazzyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #29
Rukhshana

I bought a Craft Robo off a friend years ago & I have to say it's the one thing I've bought that I've never really used. I know others do amazing things with it but I never really applied myself to trying to master it. I love my Cuttlebug though (well let's face it what's to master!).
Rukhshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #30
phiji59

Never heard of the injection foam ~ might just have to have a look at that!
I have tried the big shot as a friend has one but didnt like that I much prefer my cuttlebug as you say whats to master?
The grand calibur is also another one worth looking at as you can cut a whole sheet of A4 in one go providing you have enough dies and the space for it! Also need a big bank balance coz the grand dies can be expensive! My friend has one of these as well so just pop around to cut what I want as she has tons of dies ~ lovely friend!!!!!
phiji59 is offline   Reply With Quote